These are nails that I am going to try but whenever I look it up it only come in video form or is very confusing. I looked though them and have gotten the just of it, and put into easier to understand instructions.
I'll put up pictures and maybe a video... when I do it.
|Nail Polish (Light colors work best) & Top Coat Polish|
|Ten newspaper strips about the size of your nail|
|Alcohol & Glass Dish|
|Paper Towel (in case things get messy)|
Now that you have everything let's get started :D
- Do pre-painting routine
For me it is
- remove old nail polish
- put other hand in a glass bowl full of water to clean underneath
- file nails
- push back cuticles (do this is the proper way)
- wipe nails with a wet washcloth to wipe away residue
3. Let dry completely:
I figured this out myself, click two of the fingernails that you have just painted together to see if it sticks, if it sticks a little then it's not dry.
Don't press to hard as it will leave an indentation and you have to do your nails all over again
4. (Get ready the newspaper piece) Pour the alcohol into the glass bowl and stick one painted nail into bowl for 10-15 seconds.
5. Immediately put the strip on your nail rolling the paper off once.
6. Repeat 4-5 for rest of the nails. It takes practice but it's easy after you get used to it.
7. Top it off so it lasts with a clear top coat ;)
Hope you have fun!
This technique is suppose to work with magazine picture too but I will have to try that first before I do a tutorial on that.
Picture Credits: http://hannahbabeyxo.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-to-newspaper-nails.html, http://nailcrazy.tumblr.com/
Finished Products From Other People:
Didn't they do a great job! :D
Love the colors!